April 26, 2012

Green Bay Packers 2012 Mock Draft

Again, using the same philosophy of last year I went to cbssports.com and found people ranked below the Packers pick. For instance, even if I think a player might be available at the Packers pick if CBS has them ranked 24th I couldn't take them.. because the Packers pick at 28. Without further ado:

28- CB Janoris Jenkins--Not sure he falls this far, not going to find a better CB at this spot ever. Elite athlete and cover guy, character concerns, but as long as he's not Johnny Jolly we're okay. Gives flexibility with Woodson. Also considering: Konz, Zeitler, Hightower (beautiful spot to be in.. should be quality players on the lines or DBs here.)

59- RB Chris Polk-- Seems more athletic than their other guys.. if the Packers wanted a real HR threat, I'd say LaMichael James here but I'm not sure that's their kinda guy. Also considering: Bruce Irvin, George Lloka, and LaMichael James

90- DE Cam Johnson-- Undersized right now, but reports are strong as an ox with long arms and some pass rush ability. Packers got NOTHING from their DEs last year and didn't even play a ton of base 3-4, so why not?

123- FS Brandon Hardin-- Also really looked at DE/OLB Jonathan Massquoi. Will I ever take an OL? Who knows.

132- DE Trevor Guyton- Taking the ol' draft 5 guys at one position and hope one of them sticks approach.

133- OL Senio Kelemete- I'm never convinced with the Packers OL and with a franchise QB back there you have to have him healthy. The Packers worry me but have done a good job with passing rules as are and A. Rodge's mobility to keep him healthy. Yet, the OL worries me and is not very good, ever. See: Short yardage.

163- ILB Tank Carder- Yessir, I remember this stiff and liked the way he played. Great defensive school, overachiever, love guys like this in the mid-rounds.

197- OT Jeff Adams- Small school, light, but gets after it. Athletic enough to get to the 2nd level and use angles to shield guys off. Sounds like a patsy Packers OL

224- CB Micah Pellerin- Never have enough DBs in the game today.. played CB and both S spots in college. Versatility.

235- DT Akiem Hicks- More D-end Packers size but should have potential if they can hide him on the practice squad for a season.

241- WR Chris Owusu- 4.36. I know we have 38 WRs. I don't care.

243- QB Case Keenum- Spread offense, smart, great leadership/intangibles. Is he athletic enough and does he have a strong enough arm? At 243, I'm willing to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment