July 13, 2013

Bucks/Nuggets

Summer league has started and I've never been so glad to be dog-sitting at my in-laws place. The dogs are on the floor, I'm on the couch with a bowl of ice cream and NBA TV is on.

Thoughts:

-I wish I knew numbers of these guys. I know Henson, Ayon, and Smith to start.. no clue who 20 (I guess Dominic Jones) and 23 are.

-Ish Smith can dunk? Didn't know that.

-Dominic Jones knows what he's doing out there.. crafty.

-Nate Wolters is in but has barely touched the ball because Jones and Demetrius Nichols like to bounce it.

-I know it was Stacy Augmon.. but can Johnny Tarheel be the new Plastic Man

-The block/charge call just got messed up again.

-Wolters looks smooth, good vision, good zip on his passes. Henson playing big through the 1st with the Bucks up 5.

-Brian Shaw is cool.. but I'd prefer full screen for the game.. if I wanted to watch Brian Shaw, I'd follow a presser. Let me see Nate Wolters work.

-Henson is the best player on the floor.

-Dominique Jones (guess I wasn't spelling it correctly earlier) looks like Steve Logan.. who looks like DMX. So.. if A=B and B=C then A=C if you see what I'm getting at.

-Bruiser getting camera time sitting next to Larry Sanders.. so he's got that going for him.

-Plastic Man just blocked 2 shots in a row, then got a rebound on both ends... he does need to get stronger around the tin though on offense.

-Would like to see more time for Wolters.. we can see what Smith/Jones can do and have plenty on them from NBA practice/season.

-Henson is insane around the tin.. just so long and active. He and Larry can play together... right?! 15 minutes just to see how many shots get blocked.

-John Shurna is in right now.. He's sweet but he just missed a 3; he'll hit his next one.

-Ha, next possession Shurna banged one home. Called it.

-Nate Wolters is a REALLY good passer, but I'd like to see him attack the hedge on the pick n roll a bit more. Coulda split a few times but hesitated coming around.

-John Shurna can shoot. He's tough.

-Whoever #45 is for the Bucks he couldn't jump over the Medford phone book.

-How does Shurna not get 15 shots blocked a game? He releases it so low.

Most of these guys won't make NBA rosters (off the Bucks) but man they are shooting the ball well. 88 points in summer league is pretty sick. Wolters certainly has staying power IMO on the roster, I'd keep Jones and put him in the D-League if he isnt going to get much time this year though.

No comments:

Post a Comment