January 3, 2014

2014 Early Bills Mock

The Bills season is over already.. shocking, right? I am too, especially since Jeff Tuel and Thad Lewis got QB starts.

I figured I'd pass some time watching the Cotton Bowl by doing a quick/early mock draft. As usual with my rules; I'm using cbssportsline.com and cannot draft anybody before their pick. For instance, the Bills 1st pick is #9 and even though I think Khalil Mack will be available CBS has him at #6.. so I can't draft him.

#9: CJ Mosley. Played in a 3-4, but incredibly high IQ. Decent size, can defend run/pass. Only real question is his health. The Bills run D was one of the worst in the NFL and a tackling machine with great instincts can only help.

#41: Antonio Richardson. OT. Probably be gone by this point as mocks have him in round 1 despite his late 40s ranking by CBS. You can't ever have enough OL and protecting Manuel and getting Spiller/Jackson going seems like a wise choice to me.

#73: Jared Abbrederis. Duh. Do I have to explain. I'm a Badgers lover. He's a Badgers player. He's smart, he hustles, he catches. He's ALWAYS open. He caught 78 passes as the only threat on the entire team in the passing game.. FOR THE BADGERS.  What's not to like?

#105: Terrence Brooks. S. No clue what's going on at S. Byrd and Leonhard could be there.. could be gone. Brooks is a bit short and has some trouble tackling, but he's physical and can really close on the ball. Fun player to watch. (I really wanted to take Tajh Boyd here)

#137: Jaylen Watkins. CB. It's the new NFL. You need to have guys that can run/cover the pass and play that hybrid CB/S position. Watkins did for one of the better defenses in college football

#169: Denicos Allen. Smallish OLB who was insanely productive behind the LOS in the Big 10. He might get engulfed at times, but he seems to be a step ahead of blockers often and attacks downhill as a very good tackler. A steal at this spot; he'll fall because of his size.

#201 Connor Shaw. Mainly based on what he did to the Badgers and if EJ isn't going to be healthy then I don't want Thad Lewis or Jeff Tuel to have to make throws/decisions. Shaw can play.

I'll try to do this about once a month until the draft; we'll see how it changes with rankings as the process goes.

Breakdown:
4 defenders; 2 in front 7 and 2 in back 4. Speed/tackling available.
3 offensive players. 1 OL, 1 QB, and 1 slot WR.

No comments:

Post a Comment