January 5, 2014

Packers Only 2014 Mock Draft

Packers are about the 3rd/4th team on my list right now.. I'm not going to go into why (Brett Favre has a lot to do with it), but I still watch them on occasion. Seahawks and Bills are ahead of them.. but I still am interested in them being successful, especially now that they've actually adopted a running game.
Same rules as my Bills mock (mainly I don't draft a guy ahead of their CBS ranking)

#21: Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix. S. 'Bama. I don't think he'll really still be available.. but CBS has him ranked low right now. Have you watched the Packers DBs this year? Their okay (at times) at CB with Shields/Williams.. outside of Claymaker they get no pass rush and their S are brutal. They need playmakers and tacklers all over the field, but especially at S

#53: Shayne Skov. LB. Stanford. Kept debating between Skov and Carl Bradford from ASU. Bradford probably makes more sense but is higher risk/higher reward pick.. and I like to play safe especially with ballhawking good tacklers from Stanford.. one of my favorite college programs right now because of how physical they play.

#85: CJ Fiedorowicz. TE. Iowa. Not sure what's up with Finley and his health, but the Iowa kid is a solid blocker/catcher. Iowa players are always fundamentally sound and good blockers in the run game. He has underrated speed/hands and adds a fun element to the Packers offense.

#117: Tajh Boyd. QB. Clemson. Love him. Vastly underrated passer dropping because of his size. Excellent backup possibility.

#149: Wesley Johnson. OL. Vandy. Swing, undersized OL. Has played multiple OL positions at Vandy and been through it all as a multiple year starter in a tough conference. With Packers injuries, a guy that can play multiple positions is good to have around.. plus, he's not Marshall Newhouse.

#181: Ben Gardner. DL. Stanford. Probably not a pick if they stay in the 3-4, but if Capers is gone then the 4-3 makes sense for Gardner. See my mentions on Skov. I also like Ricardo Allen and Kevin Pierre-Louis in this spot.

#213: Dri Archer. Athlete. Kent State. Why not? Let the big dogs eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment