March 10, 2015

2015 1st Bills Mock

Apparently I blog about 4 times a year and it happens to be during the NFL draft. I never did finish my mocks last year or even a "what I would have done" follow up after the draft. This year, I am determined to be different, however.. back to before kids and only the mock draft on my mind!

As a result of trades, like LeSean McCoy, and what not I had to look up the Bills pick and I am taking this site as my guide for now. As usual: I use the cbssports.com rankings and cannot draft a player ABOVE the number of the pick. For instance, the Bills first pick is #50, so the best prospect I could take would be 50th on the cbssports.com big board. Fair enough? I suppose so.

#50- FSU OG Tre Jackson-- I like him better than the other guard in that range (Laken Tomlinson) even though CBS has Tomlinson rated higher. I don't know a ton about Rex's offense, but I know that he loves to run the football and that guard was a weakspot for the Bills last year. Jackson has played in a pro style offense for 4 years, has great leg drive and is able to get to the 2nd level. Sounds like a great run fit to me!

#81- USC CB Josh Shaw-- Don't care about the fabricated story, actually saw his interview and was like.. "Yeah, that makes sense to me." The story part is lame, but he was scared. The kid can play and has insane measurables for this spot in the draft at that position. In the real draft, I think he goes higher, but I'm jumping on the CB/S at this spot and laughing!

#147- MSU FS Kurtis Drummond-- Apparently, I think Rex Ryan likes to have a lot of DBs.. I really think they look at a LB, but I like Drummond here over other raw players. Drummond gives them a smart, physical safety that can play different styles in Ryan's defense. They might look elsewhere, because he can struggle in man coverage, but he does too many other things well to pass him up.

#172- Purdue DE Ryan Russell-- Physical. Great look and explosiveness. Needs time to develop. Oh, hi Rex Ryan and the Bills DL that gets the QB routinely.. what a great place to learn.

#178- QB Sean Mannion- I'd be shocked if he's on the board this long and was surprised he's rated this low. The Bills have QB issues, is he a star? No.. but I can see him being better than Cassell and Manuel.

#209- WR Antwan Goodley-- Actually had a hard time here going back and forth between Goodley and EJ Bibbs. Went with Goodley, who has more explosion (obviously, given the position) than Bibbs, but a TE is a more likely real pick. Goodley fits that slot role that Goodwin never developed into, has his speed, but ability to cross the middle is the difference between the two. Small, explosive, short threat for whoever QBs the team

No comments:

Post a Comment