May 5, 2014

2014 Buffalo Bills Updated Mock Draft

I said I was going to do this monthly.. what I meant was once and then once again BEFORE the draft started.

As usual with my rules; I'm using cbssportsline.com and cannot draft anybody before their pick. For instance, the Bills 1st pick is #9 and even though I hope Khalil Mack will be available CBS has him at #2 (changed from 6 the first time I did this).. so I can't draft him.

#9: (1st time CJ Mosley; now in the 20s).. Now: Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA. I really hope for a OT, and I have seen a ton of Ebron going and talk about help for EJ, but I'd shore up the D which can also help out a QB! Barr will get to the QB, period.

 #41: (1st time Antonio Richardson; now in the 90s).. Richardson's stock has plummeted.. I still really like him but won't reach for him at 41. Now: Terrence Brooks, S, FSU. He's at #69 now and I was able to get him at #105 before; he's projecting up and this might be a reach.. BUT, how badly do the Bills need safety help?!

 #73: (1st time: Jared Abbrederis, 90s.)  Now: Antonio Richardson, OT, TN. I like Abbrederis and Borland, but OL is such a HUGE need for the Bills it isn't even funny. They could also look to S here, but Richardson has 1st round talent and is somehow still on the board according to CBS.

#105: (1st time: Terrence Brooks, now 69) Now: Marqueston Huff, S, Wyoming.   Great numbers, former athletic CB that played S last season at Wyoming. Worried about physicality on the back end, but in a passing league, a ballhawk is a necessity deep.

 #137: (1st time: Jaylen Watkins, now in the 90s). Now: Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia. One time considered a 1st round talent.. we saw what happened when EJ got hurt last year. Murray is smart, athletic, and I think, underrated, at this stage.

 #169: (1st time: Denicos Allen). Now: Brandon Thomas, OG, Clemson. Tore his ACL, probably a top 100 pick if he didn't; the Bills have guards signed for next few seasons, so a redshirt year is a good idea. Worthwhile in the mid-rounds.

#201 (1st time: Connor Shaw). Now: Josh Mauro, DE, Stanford. I already took Aaron Murray, so I don't need another QB, instead I'm going with a DE that can play inside or outside and be strong and fundamental at either spot. Mauro isn't an athletic freak and won't give great burst off the edge, but he'll help in the run game and might offer a bit of slippery rush from the DT spot on pass downs (if needed)

Was going to get a WR, but didn't see the need with plenty of guys available as UFA. I don't think RB is a need with Spiller/Jackson still playing well. I would have liked to get a CB, but Huff could play a hybrid/both role there. Ultimately, I don't think Anthony Barr is who they take even if available, but he's too good for me to pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment