April 3, 2011

365 Day Challenge

The new Runner's World has a little story about a guy that ran 365 straight days because of something like a New Year's Resolution.  They've also had other stuff about people that have run 1000's of days in a row, despite broken ribs, aches, pains, colds, the flu, travel and other reasons.  I've read about people training or running despite cancer, blindness, autism, accidents and  I thought, "Well, if they can do it.. why can't I?" 

I'm putting myself up to the challenge, and the blog will hopefully help me stay accountable.  365 straight days of running!  While I ran today I thought I needed some guidelines, or at least, a guideline.  What does a "run" consist of?  I had all sorts of thoughts about time, pace and what not.  I settled on this (in case of injury, illness, and the day(s) immediately following full marathons) 1 mile, no time limit.  That's my stipulation.  Clearly, I hope the 1 mile is rarely the "run" for the day and the time limit isn't an issue, but you have to set goals you need to work for but ones that you can achieve. 

I already beat down 2 days:
Day 1:  10.13 miles in 1:12
Day 2:  5 miles in 39:10

Total: 15.13 Miles
Time Run: 1 hour and 51 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment