April 3, 2011

Next Up: Grandma's Marathon

Well, after sorta, kinda planning to run the Illinois Marathon at the end of this month I decided I wasn't ready.  I have plenty of excuses, all of which seem childish, so I'm not going to go into them.  Instead, I set my sights on Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, Minnesota.  The marathon will be the latest into the summer that I've ever run one, but some debate if northern Minnesota even knows what summer is.

I'm excited for this race; I see they have 3:10 and 3:20 pacers.  I ran ahead of the 3:20 at Green Bay until cramps dominated me, and they blew by with about a mile left.  I'm going to try to hang in between the two again this year, at least, that's the plan right now.  That was the plan until I saw that it's a Boston qualifier; maybe, just maybe, I'll keep up with the 3:10 pacer! 

I've heard a lot of good things about the run, great weather, beautiful scenery, and an awesome crowd.  I'm looking forward to seeing the sites in Duluth, and it sounds like I'll be able to stay with some in-laws right on the race course.  That's a good thing, considering my mom told me a few nights of hotels that weekend are around $500! 

Two questions I have to find answers for:
1.  Is the race Boston qualifying? (IT IS!!)
2.  What's all in this Powerade with Ion4?  (Really?  High Fructose Corn Syrup?  Despite the "corn sugar" commercial; I don't believe all sugar is the same.)

Are you running the Grandma's Marathon or do you have any information about the course, things to do, watch for?  Share them with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment