April 28, 2011

Bills Mock Draft

3:  (Trade down) but if staying put:  Marcell Darius-DT-Bama. I love offense and AJ Green; I also love the Prince, but you need stud NT in the 3-4.

34:  Kyle Rudolph-TE-Notre Dame. I hate Mallet, looked at Wilson for the Bills, but I think adding another weapon on offense can help. Again, no linemen in this range.

68:  Stefen Wisniewski-C-Penn State. Love physical, smart interior linemen.  Wanted to go with a tackle here but I think interior guys are so underrated in the running game.

100: Jason Pinkston-OT/G- Pitt. Liked him better than Marcus Gilbert. Don't really like the options here, lots of WR/RB types.

122:  Buster Skrine-CB-Chattanooga. Taking a shot with a small school athlete at CB. Fast and a decent looking player.

133:  Ross Holman-OLB-OSU. Underrated playmaker. I really like him.

169:  Greg McElroy-QB-Bama. LOVE IT.

206:  Chris Hairston-OT-Clemson. Watched him on the CBS thing and didn't really like him in space. Really stiff and awkward, but this late I just wanted another body at tackle.

245:  Jabara Williams-OLB-Stephen F. Austin.  Tall, athletic and best on the edge. Decent speed, small school and work a look. 

So, I work on the interior DL with a big, athletic player (hard to pass him up but they have more pressing needs). The TE pick is a pure need, they are brutal there.  3 OL and hope one or two of them stick; I'm not a big fan of many of the tackles but they are too early to take one with the 3rd pick (That's why I'd trade down).  I do get them some real interior help, however.  Skrine is an athletic guy as is Williams for the defense.  I think Holman is a pure football player and McElroy is a leader. Good 2 or 3 early that can manage and hit weapons if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment