April 28, 2011

Packers Only Mock Draft

A little late but I like to pretend I'm a GM on occasion. Sometimes, I like to pretend I'm better than TT.  I based these off cbssports.com rankings, so they will be off.. but it's a place to start. Bills and Cardinals to follow then more draft talk throughout the weekend.

32: Martez Wilson -- OLB-- Illinois. I nearly went with Williams again, but Wilson is an athletic freak that plays with a lot of hustle (dumb though). He could create havoc off the edge for Green Bay.

64:  Chimdi Chekwa -- CB-- OSU.  Didn't go with Young since I didn't get my CB in round 1. No real interior linemen anywhere near on the board, so I went with another fast corner that can be groomed to replace Woodson when he moves to safety or could be the #4 this year.

96: Niles Paul--WR--Nebraska. Big and 4.45 speed; the former Badgers recruit that I drove around for 2 days will join me in Green Bay.  I hate HATE James Jones and want him gone soon, here is a replacement and another body in that awful kick return game.

129: Roy Helu--RB--Nebraska. Change of pace back in case (hopefully) Brandon Jackson is gone soon. He adds a little bit more burst than Grant and Starks provide.

131:  John Moffitt-C/G--Wisconsin. Knowing he was available I could pass on Tim Barmes the pick before and try to get another weapon. Moffitt apparently isn't fast but he's smart and aggressive. Plus, he's really funny and likes the state.

163:  Derek Newton--OT--Arkansas State. May be taking a bit of a risk in passing QB, Greg McElroy, but OT is a position that I need to fill. Newton needs a year or two to develop, and that's all he'll get so I hope he's solid.

197:  David Carter-DT-UCLA. Eh, not excited about my selection at this spot.

204: Jermale Hines-S-OSU. Love me some OSU DB's

233: Scotty Tolzein! -QB- U-DUB.

So, I have an OLB, CB, WR, RB, C/G, OT, DT, S and a QB.  Mostly major school guys, not many "swing" players that the Packers like.  I have some speed off the edge, speed at CB, a replacement for James Jones, a Brandon Jackson replacement, a tough interior OL, some dudes at DT/OT, a mix-up safety and a really smart clipboard holding QB.

I'm the new Ted Thompson.

No comments:

Post a Comment