May 5, 2011

Cardinals Draft Review

Since I'm not a huge Cardinals fan (I just know a guy that works in the scouting department), this is way easier than Green Bay's. They didn't add any picks and they didn't subtract any picks.

5: My original Pick: Da'Quan Bowers-DE-Clemson.
Cardinals Pick: Patrick Peterson, DB, LSU
Based on available pick: Patrick Peterson, DB, LSU.
--Thought he was a top 4 pick for sure... Bowers knee must really intimidate some teams! Peterson is a stud and should help at CB then S for the Cardinals.

38:  Ryan Mallett-QB-Arkansas.
Cardinals pick: Ryan Williams, RB, Va Tech
My pick: Da'Quan Bowers, DL, Clemson
--Rumor has it that the Cardinals are working on a trade for a veteran QB; if that weren't true I'd take Mallett. Since, I'm going to assume it is true I go with Bowers and the knee injury. Still in disbelief he was available in the 2nd round. Have to take a shot.


69:  Original Pick: Sam Acho-OLB-Texas.
Cardinals Pick: Robert Housler, TE, Florida Atlantic
My pick: Sam Acho, DL/LB, Texas.
-Yes, I love defense.

103:  Jalil Brown-CB-Colorado. Need a body opposite DRC.
Cardinals Pick: Sam Acho, DL/LB, Texas
My pick: Roy Helu, RB, Nebraska
-They got my 3rd round pick in the 4th and I got a RB that can pound the line and break outside in the 4th. Fair enough trade off. I like Helu's toughness and he should add a dimension that the team doesn't have (he can run.)

136:  Original Pick: John Moffitt-OG-Wisconsin.
Cardinals pick: Anthony Sherman, RB, UCONN
My pick: DJ Williams, TE, Arkansas
-Steal him from my Green Bay Packers. He's an h-backish TE that can run and has great hands. This team is AWFUL at TE and to find this talent at that position of the draft is a surprise. Love it.

171:  Original Pick: Mario Harvey-ILB-Marshall.
Cardinals Pick: Quan Sturdivant, ILB, UNC
My pick: Brandon Fusco, OL, Slippery Rock
-Adds toughness to the Cardinals OL. Not great feet, but he has tenacity and will mix it up. I think with time, he has a chance to make the league as a regular.

184: Original Pick: Zane Taylor, OL, Utah
Cardinals Pick:: David Carter, DL, UCLA
My pick: Tyler Sash, S, Iowa
-You can never have enough toughness on defense. Ever. Sash is physical and fundamental, while only Bob Sanders has been a huge Iowa S, in terms of impact.. others hang around the league.

249: Original Pick: Mike McNeil-H-Back/TE-Nebraska
Cardinals Pick: Demarco Sampson, WR, SD State
My pick: Joshua Davis, OL, Georgia
-Has the measurables, but he needs work. Nearly the last pick of the draft, so what do you expect. I think that you can never have enough OT's

My Cardinals Draft:
Patrick Peterson, CB, Arizona
Da'Quan Bowers, DL, Clemson
Sam Acho, DL/LB, Texas
Roy Helu, RB, Nebraska
DJ Williams, TE, Arkansas
Brandon Fusco, OL, Slippery Rock
Tyler Sash, S, Iowa
Joshua Davis, OL, Georgia

Again.. I'm a big school guy because I don't see little school games on TV very often. I need to find a scouting friend to send me tapes of other players, that'd be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment