May 11, 2011

Team Review: 5th Place "The Underachiever"

7-6-1. 119 points per game.

I'm struggling, 7 wins is the most I've been a part of and I can never seem to get over the hump. I set up my roster to go bananas this year, instead, I was middle of the road. Some staff has been replaced, we've scoured over recruiting film and are confident in our new approach. We dipped a bit too much in the spread and are going back to the Power-I straight dives. Power football is coming back.

What Went Right: After 6 weeks, I was 4-1-1 with a 149-149 tie against Crass. Hit over 140 points 5 times including a 183 point outburst in week 5. QB's plenty with Cam Newton, Denard Robinson, and Robert Griffin. WR's included NFL top 6 picks in Julio Jones and traded for AJ Green. A Badgers TE, Lance Kendricks, and a Cal RB, Shane Vareen, and the stage should have been set for a big season.

What Went Wrong: Rarely played the right QB at the right time including sitting Cam Newton down the stretch when suspension concerns came to light; this was the most devastating part of the season, BY FAR. After Vareen there was little production out of the RB's and conservative O/bad QB play kept Jones and Green out of the limelight fantasy wise. We've been in the league how long now and I still don't have a defense?

What the Boosters are saying: "Yikes, we bought Cam Newton.. then the coach decided not to play him because he kept thinking he was going to get suspended? Doesn't he know the rules don't apply to the SEC and Ohio State? He'll need to figure that out... and quickly or this money will be spent elsewhere."

No comments:

Post a Comment