May 5, 2011

If I were the Bills GM...

Nice, another team that didn't move at all in the draft. They sat with all their picks and dominated them.. well, not exactly what I would have done but they did pretty well. The reason I picked the Bills is because I worked for a summer there at the training camp and still know a few guys in the scouting department.

3:  Original Pick: Marcell Darius-DT-Bama.
Bills Pick: Marcell Darius, DT, Bama
Available Pick: Marcell Darius, DT, Bama
-Sweet. Everything worked out exactly on point.. hard to miss this early in the draft. And by miss, I mean, miss the pick in a mock. They did the right thing though.

34:  Original Pick: Kyle Rudolph-TE-Notre Dame.
Bills Pick: Aaron Williams, DB, Texas
Available Pick: Aaron Williams, DB, Texas
-Had him going to GB in one of my 1st email mocks. I love, LOVE Texas DB's for some reason. He can swing in the CB/S mold and help either position. Solid pick for the league's worst defense.

68:  Original Pick: Stefen Wisniewski-C-Penn State.
Bills Pick: Kelvin Sheppard, LB, LSU
Available Pick: Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
-I think Wilson has 1st round potential and can play different positions on the defense. His athletic ability is ahead of his skill and he's coming off an injury.. to me, that means mega upside potential.

100: Original Pick: Jason Pinkston-OT/G- Pitt.
Bills Pick: Da'Norris Searcy, DB, UNC
Available Pick: Clint Boling, OL, Georgia
That line needs help from top to bottom and I like Boling's game. He could be a future starter for the Bills.

122:  Original Pick: Buster Skrine-CB-Chattanooga.
Bills Pick: Chris Hairston, OL, Clemson
Available Pick: Buster Skrine, DB, Chattanooga
-Flipped positions and players with what the Bills did. I went OL and then DB and came away happy in both cases. Skrine is intriguing prospect to me, one that can make a difference.

133:  Original Pick: Ross Holman-OLB-OSU.
Bills Pick: Johnny White, RB, UNC
Available Pick: Niles Paul, WR, Nebraska
-Have to give Fitzgerald a chance and the more weapons the better. He needs a shot.

169: Original Pick: Greg McElroy-QB-Bama.
Bills Pick: Chris White, LB, Miss St
Available Pick: Greg McElroy, QB, Bama
-I didn't waver from my original pick and I know he didn't go until later, but he's a winner. He's not a rocket armed guy and might not have the potential upside that a Pat Devlin does, but he's solid in all phases and came from a high demand coach in Nick Saban.

206: Original Pick: Chris Hairston-OT-Clemson.
Bills Pick: Justin Rogers, DB, Richmond
Available Pick: Jabara Williams, OLB, Stephen F. Austin,
-I still think this kid is a player and can bring heat off the edge. Watch out for him the next few years with the Rams (I think).

245:  Original Pick: Jabara Williams-OLB-Stephen F. Austin. 
Bills Pick: Michael Jasper, DT, Bethel
Available Pick: Ian Williams, DL, Notre Dame
-I understand he's not terribly athletic and coming off a knee injury.. but he does one thing: stop the run. The Bills don't.

My Bills draft:
Marcell Dareus, DL, Bama
Aaron Williams, DB, Texas
Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
Clint Boling, OL, Georgia
Buster Skrine, DB, Chattanooga
Niles Paul, WR, Nebraska
Greg McElroy, QB, Bama
Jabara Williams, LB, Stephen F. Austin
Ian Williams, DL, Notre Dame

--I really needed to get the Bills a TE and I didn't. Instead, I got them a thick, fast WR to go with Steve Johnson and Lee Evans. They have guys that can catch out of the backfield, so I hope my lack of a receiving TE doesn't hurt me. Love what I did with the DL and the LB options to help the worst run defense in the league. McElroy is smart enough to back up Fitzgerald.. who will get beat up again this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment